Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What is Anchored Hope?

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. Hebrews 6:19a

What is this anchored hope of which Hebrews 6:19 speaks? Dear ladies, it is the hope from the Lord Jesus Christ. Each one of us is a sinner who has no hope to live up to God’s standards. The Lord Jesus came down to earth as an infant – He grew to a man – He lived a sinless life and died on a cross for your sins –for my sins. After 3 days, the Lord Jesus rose from the dead. He conquered death. He took on the pain of our sins. When we accept that we are sinners with no hope on our own, and ask the Lord Jesus to take control of our life – to be the center of our life, of our existence – it is then, ladies, that we can look to the hope of the Lord.

When we accept the Lord Jesus as our Savior, it does not guarantee a life of ease. No, the hope is that God has a plan for each of us. His plans are not always what we expect them to be. I got caught in the wrong thinking that a miracle conception would have to mean that we were meant to have another child on earth from that pregnancy, and I was wrong. But ladies, our hope has to be in the Lord and in His plan for our lives.

This does not mean that it is aimless to pray for your heart's desire for another baby – to ask the Lord to add a child to your earthly family. God wants to hear your hearts desire. Look to Him and to His plan.

If you want to know more about how to receive the Lord Jesus as Savior, here is a website which explains it beautifully here


Today’s Prayer

Dear God,

Thank you for the Lord Jesus - for the hope I can have because of Him. Thank You for Your plan of the cross. Thank you that Jesus has the power over death. Thank You that He is my eternal anchored hope of salvation. Help me to focus on Your plan, God and the hope I have in Jesus. God, please guide me in my grief today. Help me to look to Your plan for my life. Lord, I desire to add a child to our family. I miss my baby. God, please help heal my hurting and help me to look to the hope I have in you. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.

Dear ladies, I am praying for you today – for you to find joy in your day and to be growing in the Lord. When you find yourself sad, get in God’s Word and see that God is compassionate and will help you through your grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment