Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Made Me Glad

A song that was sung often at our church after our last loss in 2006 was "Made Me Glad" by Darlene Zschech. Here are the lyrics:


I will bless the Lord forever
And I will trust Him at all times
He has delivered me from all fear
And he has set my feet upon a rock

And I will not be moved
And I'll say of the Lord....

You are my shield
My strength
My portion
Deliverer
My shelter
Strong tower
My very present help in time of need

Whom have I in Heaven but you?
There's none I desire beside you
You have made me glad
And I'll say of the Lord....

CHORUS:

You are my shield
My strength
My portion
Deliverer
My shelter
Strong tower
My very present help in time of need

REPEAT CHORUS

You have me glad
And I'll say of the Lord....

REPEAT CHORUS x 2

My very present help in time of need (TO FADE)

You can see a beautiful video to the song here.

Here is some scripture that speaks powerfully to me - it reminds me of God's goodness and that he is my shield and my fortress.

I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:1-2

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7


Even in your grieving, I am praying that you are seeing God being your stronghold and your fortress. Dear one, cling to Him – look to His Word. One day your heart will leap for joy – even if it seems impossible today. Just keep reading His Word – even when you don’t feel the hope – Believe it – the feeling will eventually get there. Trust God and who He is. I am praying for you tonight. Dig into His Word - it is healing hope for you today - the true anchored hope.

Nicole





No comments:

Post a Comment