Thursday, April 16, 2009

Remember Surrender

This morning I was getting ready for Bible Study and listening to Sara Groves - a favorite artist of mine. The song Remember Surrender touched my heart. I am a first born, Type A, person who wants to always be in control. And I have to day by day, minute by minute turn that control over to the Lord Jesus - I am not in control. He is. Last night I was studying Colossians and read the following which looks at the Supremacy of Christ:

The Supremacy of Christ Colossians 1:15-20

15He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Everything is created by Christ and for Christ. He is in control. I am not. It is my job to surrender my own desire for control - to acknowledge that it is His and His alone. I pray this song touches your heart today and that God's Word is permeating your thoughts as you are reminded to surrender to the Lord today - He is good and faithful. He has a plan for your life - a good plan. He sees the big picture - you can only see but a small piece of that picture. I am praying for you as you are grieving today. Look to His Word - His anchored hope today. Remember to surrender.

Remember Surrender - Sara Groves

Remember Surrender

By Sara Groves

Remember surrender
Remember the rest
Remember that weight lifting off of your chest
And realizing that it's not up to you and it never was

Remember surrender
Remember relief
Remember how tears rolled down both of your cheeks
As the warmth of a heavenly father came closing in

I want to do that again
Why can't I live there
And make my home
In sweet surrender
I want to do so much more than remember

Remember surrender
Remember peace
Remember how soundly you fell fast asleep
In the face of your troubles your future still shone like the morning sun

Remember surrender
Remember that sound
Of all of those voices inside dying down
But one who speaks clearly of helping and healing you deep within

I want to do that again
Why can't I live there
And make my home
In sweet surrender
I want to do so much more than remember
Remember
Oh surrender





2 comments:

  1. Love your blog...great post.....would love for you to stop in and see me and meet Parker and Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Teresa - I stopped by your blog - what a beautiful family God has blessed you with - the story of Jack and God's faithfulness at restoring his health was a great story - what a blessing that your children and grandchildren have a godly mother/grandmother in you. Thank you for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete