Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Little One

Here is a poem I wrote out of my grief for one of our little ones who went to be with the Lord. I thought I'd share it with you.

Little One

Little one, I long to hold and to see
You've been taken to eternity.

Little one, time will not erase,
How I long to kiss your face.

Little one, as time goes by
And sometimes I just sit and cry,

I look to God - He has a plan
And your name & mine are engraved on His hand.

Little one, I will sit and pray
And ask God to help me through each day.

Little one, you will always be,
A special part of our family.

Little one, I cannot wait
To see you again, at Heaven's gate.

But until then, I will cherish the memory,
Little one, of when you were here with me.

Nicole



I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.
Isaiah 49:15-16

The poem was inspired by a drawing by my friend Alice - if you'd like to view this beautiful drawing of hands with Isaiah 49:15-16 Bible verse, you can find it here.





No comments:

Post a Comment