Saturday, May 9, 2009

Remembering our little ones in heaven

Dear ladies. I've been doing much reflecting these last couple of weeks. The time of spring is one of my favorite times of the year. Spring is so alive with hope and new life. There have been times, though, in the past decade of my life where spring has been bittersweet. You see, three of our precious little ones in heaven were expected to arrive in late April and in early May.

I've noticed in the past decade how grief crescendos for a while, but over time, the Lord's healing balm helps the grief to subside. It has a general pattern over time to decrescendo over time. It doesn't seem to completely go away, and at times surprises can cause that grief to creep up again; however, God is faithful. He has a great master plan. I've found that the more I look to Him - to who He truly is - to how He truly works - that the grief is overtaken with the joy of the Lord. I am one who is speaking as one who has been there. Please know there is hope. God knew your loss would happen. He allowed it. He has a great master plan for your life. Look to Him.

Also remember that He is the one who bottles your tears - He does not ask that you not cry or not grieve. Look to Him - He loves you and will comfort you so that He can grow you and one day you will extend that comfort to others who are grieving.

I love you ladies - I've been lifting you up to the Lord this week and weekend.

Nicole

You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book. Psalm 56:8 NLT

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

2 comments:

  1. I came over from BabyLoss Directory- thanks for sharing your story with us. It helps to know we are not alone. ((hugs)) Emily from Stepping Stones (http://www.steppingstonesblog.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Emily - I am praying for you. I'm sorry I've been quiet - just a busy time for my kids with the end of school. I am praying that you are feeling the comfort and the healing of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete